ICOET AWARD descriptions
- Legacy Award – for individual leaders in the field of ecology and transportation who also demonstrated extraordinary commitment and participation in support of ICOET.
- Stewardship Award – for an agency, or organization, or partnership of organizations and individuals that embraced ecological stewardship in the delivery of transportation at a local to state-provincial or national/international scale. The agency and partners were involved in cooperative efforts that went above and beyond standard practices to maintain or restore ecological function in support of infrastructure improvement. The award would be given to all parties nominated as partners in the award. In 2021, the two types of Stewardship awards (the Local/State/Provincial and the National/International) will be combined under one award, but we will leave the door open for future conferences to have the two awards.
- Leadership Award (Catalyst) – for an individual that has gone beyond the call of their position to bring about change in the world of transportation with respect to ecological systems, plants, wildlife, and partnerships. This leader consistently works to promote and enact positive change and serves as an inspiration to others through leading by example.
- Innovation -Transformation Award (Chrysalis) – to an individual or a group that implements projects or ideas born of innovative or transformative concepts, moving the needle beyond conventional or traditional approaches in transportation ecology application or research.
- Aspiration Award – for excellence in research for students or recent graduates presenting their research as the primary author at either a poster session or as a lectern talk at the current ICOET.