ICOET gives awards for exceptional and innovative activities that supports and advances the field of transportation ecology. These awards could be to groups, organizations and individuals. We recognize student contributions to the field at the conference itself. If you know a person, collaboration or organization that deserves one of these awards, please use the form here: https://forms.gle/YD1DVS2pWKPfJsDm9, or if you can't use Google Forms, use the Excel form posted on this page. A panel of judges will review all nominations and notify the recipient (and you) if an award is given. Thanks for your support of the field, ICOET and your colleagues.
ICOET AWARD descriptions
- Legacy Award – for individual leaders in the field of ecology and transportation who also demonstrated extraordinary commitment and participation in support of ICOET.
- Stewardship Award – for an agency, or organization, or partnership of organizations and individuals that embraced ecological stewardship in the delivery of transportation at a local to state-provincial or national/international scale. The agency and partners were involved in cooperative efforts that went above and beyond standard practices to maintain or restore ecological function in support of infrastructure improvement. The award would be given to all parties nominated as partners in the award. In 2021, the two types of Stewardship awards (the Local/State/Provincial and the National/International) will be combined under one award, but we will leave the door open for future conferences to have the two awards.
- Leadership Award (Catalyst) – for an individual that has gone beyond the call of their position to bring about change in the world of transportation with respect to ecological systems, plants, wildlife, and partnerships. This leader consistently works to promote and enact positive change and serves as an inspiration to others through leading by example.
- Innovation -Transformation Award (Chrysalis) – to an individual or a group that implements projects or ideas born of innovative or transformative concepts, moving the needle beyond conventional or traditional approaches in transportation ecology application or research.
- Aspiration Award – for excellence in research for students or recent graduates presenting their research as the primary author at either a poster session or as a lectern talk at the current ICOET.
***Trish White Scholarship award
Long-time advocate for wildlife Trish White is offering a scholarship for the continued participation of the nonprofit/NGO/advocacy community in ICOET. The recognition will go to individuals who embody a bold spirit of creative problem solving, indomitable resilience, and intrepid friendship. For the 2021 conference, 5 awards will be given of $200 each to go toward registration. Special consideration will be given to those applicants:
- Attending for the first time and/or;
- Presenting or co-presenting with government partners;
- Willing to share travel, group accommodations with other NGO attendees to subsidize their participation
If you want to apply for the Trish White Scholarship, please complete the form here: https://forms.gle/ZMRb4iB4WR3GeMUd8.